Monday, December 26, 2011

#29.- Fighting against the waste of food

Some weeks ago we saw an interesting TV report that explained how the big supermarkets throw food in the waste to increase the sales.
The main characteristic in these food is that is close the caducity date, but all of them are in good status.
Curiosly, the supermarkets prefer throw these food instead of sell in a lower price or give it to organizations that help poor people to eat.
The idea below is... "if my clients realize that I have food close to the caducity date, they will go to other supermarkets. Then I prefer throw these food to maintain my clients and my revenues".
That's only one part of the report. In other part we could see how farmers had to throw a lot of vegetables that didn't seem perfect, although these vegetables are so good. Last summer I lived something similar, because my father grow cucumbers, and one of every five boxes wasn't accepted for the market, only for their aspect, no for the flavour, smell, and other.
See this hurts any sensible heart!!! This can't rest in this way! 
It seems clear that supermarkets have this behaviour because the clients have this behaviour too, but introducing some etica practices could avoid to throw food at waste.
So after some time talking with my soon we decided to send a letter to the supermarkets to know how they manage the food that is near to caducity and if they give food to NGO that helps poor people to have food.
Here is the letter. Kids are our future. My parents never encouraged me to send a letter to anyplace to give a complain or ask for something. I consider that is important teach children that throught their actions they can change the world.
I'm happy because the etic and moral revolution has started and the future will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your comment. Write something that let your body calm and happy.